I re-read my ‘about me’ info (often I forget who I am, where I’m going and what I’m supposed to be doing…) and realised I haven’t really blogged about skincare despite listing it as one of my interests as I’ve been too caught up with cake and fascinated by food!
(I love alliteration; it’s sublime.)
Having read a very useful post on attracting attention through blogging, I’m now shamelessly borrowing a recommended technique – the tried and tested Top Ten list (oh bliss, more alliteration).
So for the bride to be, here are my recommendations for fab skin. (Things to note – I don’t think one range of skincare gets everything right, so this selection is a mishmash of what works for me.)
1. Boots No7 Protect and Perfect Intense Serum. Sometimes, powerful advertising exerts its seductive, siren call so I opt for other serum products and end up disappointed. When skincare has been developed in conjunction with university experts, though, it makes sense to stick with it.
2. Dr Organic Dead Sea Minerals Bio-Plasma Mud Mask – it stings a little on application (I have sensitive skin), so put it on in the evening and wake up to clear skin.
3. Dr Organic Rose Otto Night Cream – really gorgeous smell and, as I live in a country where daily SPF protection really isn’t needed, I use it as day cream too.
4. Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure primer – does a great job of disguising open pores. I put it on and occasionally contemplate going foundation-free (but after more than 25 years of wearing foundation, it’s too much of a deeply ingrained habit).
5. Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 – I love the clean feel you get from using this toner and the big bottle lasts for ages.
6. bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser – this does a great job of taking off make-up.
7. Boots No7 Stay Perfect Liquid Foundation – it definitely lasts all day (which is what you want on your big day).
8. Jerome Alexander Magic Minerals make-up – really easy to apply and fab coverage; I get compliments when I wear this.
9. Coconut Oil – I use this occasionally as a moisturiser when my skins feeling dry and sensitive.
10. And finally… food (way hey back at my blog subject of choice!) The best skincare advice is to drink plenty of water, eat lots of salad, fish, eggs, berries, beans and wholegrains and not a lot in the way of processed food.