Great advice here…
Are you beginning the editing stage of your novel? Did someone ask you to critique their novel or are you asking someone else to critique yours?
Here are 35 questions to ask yourself to dig deeper into that story.
1. Does the opening of the story hook you? Do you want to read more? Why or why not?
2. What are the conflicts (internal and external) in the story? Is a conflict known right away? What do you see as the central conflict of the story? (Thanks, Thomas Weaver!)
3. Are there too many conflicts happening in the book at once? Or is there not enough?
4. Are all the conflicts important to the story and help drive the plot forward?
5. Is the plot clear and believable from the beginning?
6. Is the plot interesting? Will the readers be able to relate to points in the book?
View original post 408 more words