Some time ago, a very nice lady called Jenny let me know she had nominated me for a Liebster award. I read her words, gasped with excitement and said to my hubbie-to-be – “Best we clear space on that awards shelf mister, another bauble is about to join it!”
Reader, I exaggerate. The awards shelf is not full to bulging. It does not, in fact, exist. In timely fashion (not), I am now taking advantage of this lovely opportunity. Jenny asked interesting questions as part of her nomination and I’m answering them below and welcoming you to the world of moi.
The rules of the Liebster award are:
- Cope and paste the award on your blog and say muchos gracias to the lovely person who nominated you. Of course you include a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you, list 11 random facts about yourself and come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs with 200 or less followers who you think deserve attention and leave a comment on their blog letting them know what you’ve done.
- If you could be a superhero for just one day, who would it be?Wonderwoman. Even though I’m er… a lady of 35+. That costume…
- What are your 5 favourite films?Ooh, it changes from day to day. I did see The Place Beyond The Pines yesterday and enjoyed that.
- What food or drink could you not live without?Cheese and red wine. Preferably together and in splendidly large quantities.
- Have you ever met anyone famous?Erm, does ‘meet’ include standing gawping at someone who has just passed you on the street in a very obvious and embarrassing way? Me and the rich and famous are not natural partners…
- Have you got anything exciting planned for 2013?I’m getting married, hooray!
- Where has been your favourite place to visit?I love visiting places in general, but if there is delicious food attached then my excitement levels go slightly out of control.
- If you were in charge and you could get anything banned forever, what would it be?Rudeness, which can cover everything. It is rude to assault, kill, invade countries etc.
- Are you addicted to social media?Sadly yes. For someone whose attention span is approximately… ooh, status update what’s Julie up to now, whoops, sorry about that, got distracted there… very, very short, social media is ideal!
- Do you have any phobias?Not a one. I am fear free.
- Did you want to change your name as a child?A multiple syllabled option would have been good, preferably with a French-sounding surname too. Charlotte De Guyseuse, as something rather more exotic sounding than my own humble moniker.
- Are we human, or are we dancers?
We’re dancers of course!
- I twirl my hair obsessively
- I can get on and off a fast-moving treadmill (so I could audition for a stunt woman in an action film)
- I eat peanut butter BY THE JAR
- I was born on St Patrick’s Day
- I have run a half-marathon
- I have walked a half-marathon (I preferred the run one, actually)
- My cat sleeps on my bed
- I have gone for a run in five different countries
- I have ridden a camel
- I have started (but sadly not finished) two books by Russian authors
- I know an awful lot about the Tudors.
My nominees all get to answer food questions!
- If you were a cake, which one would you be?
- Butter icing, or sugar frosting?
- What is the weirdest food combination you like?
- The world is about to run out of crisp flavours and producers will now only make one kind; which will it be?
- Have you ever eaten in a Michelin-starred restaurant and if so where?
- How many celebrity chef cook books do you own?
- What is the most impressive thing you can cook?
- What is your fail-safe date menu?
- Sweet or savoury?
- What % of cocoa solids should good quality plain chocolate have?